Learn to mix and master like the professionals
This EDEXCEL approved part-time mixing and mastering course will give you a comprehensive knowledge of mixing and mastering techniques for music. On completion, you will have an extensive understanding of the core principles and latest techniques required to create professional sounding mixes and final masters in your preferred genre.
The content can be tailored to suit your individual skill ability which makes it suitable for beginners or advanced users looking to enhance their current skill set.
“get a thorough overview of all the skills and techniques used for mixing and mastering “
You have the option of being taught in our purpose-built recording and production studios or from the comfort of your home using the latest online remote access software. The tutor, content and class times are the same with either option. This is a practical ‘hands on’ course where you will be exposed to the very latest mixing and mastering techniques, tips and tricks during your course. This EDEXCEL approved certificate in mixing and mastering techniques is perfect for those looking to study remotely from home or in a central London location.
You will learn
Get ‘real world’ practical experience of the mixing and mastering environment
During the course you will be exposed to the ‘real world’ experiences of the mixing environment where you will mix artists on course projects and assignments.
You will receive practical hands-on tuition from day one by professional sound engineers who are talented, approachable and patient. You also have the freedom to take the course at your pace without the pressure of the classroom based environment
Learn to mix and master like the pros
The emphasis of this course is learn the techniques associated with creating professional sounding mixes and final masters.
All aspects of mixing and mastering techniques are covered, including the following topics:
- Acoustics and referencing
- Balancing and stereo imaging
- Mix preparation and workflow
- Understanding compression
- Creative use of fx processors
- Correct use of EQ and filters
- Using gates, limiters and de-essers
- Formats, standards and conversion
- The art of mastering
Introduction, monitoring and conversion
- Sample rates and formats
- Understand and improving work flow
- Analogue, digital and hybrid systems
- Listening skills and analysis
- The mixing environment and room acoustics
- Monitor speaker types, use and placement
Parametric equalisation & dynamic processors
- Utilising filters and parametric equalisers
- Understanding the art of compression
- Using parallel compression
- Correct use of de-essers
- Using gates and expanders
- Creative use of side chain functions
Creative use of effects processors
- Working with auxiliaries and sub grouping
- Correct use of reverb
- Delay and modulation techniques
- Vocal pitch correction
- Shaping and sound design
- Effects automation techniques
Final mix and mastering techniques
- Final mix prep and Using summing mixers
- Balancing, stereo imaging and placement
- Limiters and loudness maximizers
- Multiband compression techniques
- Introducing colour and air to final masters
- Mastering formats and standards
Mixing and mastering certificate timetable and fees
Sound Engineering courses
The course was really informative with a lot of detail and great support from my knowledgeable tutor. One of the highlights of the course was the freedom to use the studios outside of my lessons to work on my own material. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a path into working in a recording studio.
Sound engineering diploma
Having had considerable experience in songwriting and production and was looking for a course that would take my mixing skills to the next level. The course has vastly improved my technical ability thanks to the expert training received from the tutor. Would certainly consider further training with London AMP.”
Mixing and mastering crash course
I choose this course to further my career options within the music industry. I’ve been composing for some time but wanted to combine the use of technology to improve the overall production quality of my work. The one to one format was great for me due to lack of pressure in classroom environment. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to purse a career in music.
Music technology diploma