If you have questions about studying with us, find the answers below.
Why should I take a course at London AMP?
• We are an Pearson EDEXCEL accredited learning centre based in vibrant Clapham, central London.
• Courses are either taught on a one to one basis or in small groups giving maximum tutor attention
• Experience, we have trained people from all over the world for over 20 years
• A relaxed and productive feel to our practical hands-on courses delivered by talented and helpful tutors.
• Flexible and cost effective course structures, study and pay in installments.
• Purpose built facility with latest equipment and software with free studio time for all students
What type of people usually enrol on your courses?
• Anyone looking for an insight in how music is produced and recorded.
• People who are looking to start a career in the music industry.
• Anyone looking to take that first step into producing their own music.
• First time users of music software and hardware.
• Advanced users keen to enhance their existing skills.
• People who can only attend a course during evenings and weekends.
• Students looking for a foundation course in preparation for a university degree.
How do the one to one courses work?
They are quite unique as the student chooses the format, schedule and timetable that best suits them. This might be a combination of days, evenings and weekends. This helps people with busy lives and need total flexibility when studying.
Can you really learn that much on a crash course?
Yes you can. Our crash courses are structured to be intensive yet informative and students gain a great deal of knowledge from them. We constantly monitor the content and delivery of all our courses and if they didn’t work we wouldn’t be running them!
Do you use Mac or PC’s and what software do you use?
We use Mac’s running the latest software packages like Cubase, Ableton, Pro Tools and Logic Pro.
Can I choose which DAW package to use during the course?
Yes, you get to choose the software and this could be Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton or Pro Tools.
Where are you based?
We are based in the heart of the music scene in Clapham, central London.
Can I discuss the course content with an adviser before enrolling?
Yes, we always recommend you discuss the course content with the course leader before you enroll. We might be able to tailor the course to suit your learning requirements.
Can I set my own start and end dates?
Yes, you can set the start date and subsequent classes to fit the course around your lifestyle.