We can prepare you for career the music industry
This innovative EDEXCEL approved Music Technology diploma is an industry specific course designed and taught by industry professionals for people wishing to embark on a career in the music industry. The course requires no previous experience of music technology, production, recording or the use of music production software and would be suitable for beginners.
The course offers several career path opportunities on completion with former students progressing to work in recording studios, broadcast, audio post production, music production studios and live sound engineering.
“prepare for a career in the music industry”
One to One learning environment
You have the option of taking the course on a one to one basis in person at our purpose-built recording and production studios or remotely online using the latest remote access software. You can also combine both options and switch between the two at anytime. This unique and practical hands-on course is designed to guarantee your success in learning key skills to progress within the music industry. This approved diploma in Music Technology is perfect for those looking to study outside of a classroom based environment either at home or in a central London location.
Get ‘real world’ experience of a recording environment
You will receive practical hands-on tuition from day one by industry professional who are talented, approachable and patient. With one to one courses you have the freedom to take the course at your pace and during the course you will be exposed to the ‘real world’ experiences of a studio environment where you will record, produce and remix artists on course projects and assignments. The fun and exciting assignments include song composition, remixing, live recording, audio post production, mixing and mastering and covers all genres of music.
Choose your preferred music production software and tailor the content
You have the option of choosing your preferred music production packages to work with for the duration of the course and can be Apple Logic, Cubase, Ableton Live or Pro Tools. For more experienced students you have the option of tailoring the course content to suit your skill set that would include more advanced subjects.
Receive up to 50% student discount on software
Our music technology diploma students can receive discounts on most software packages and plug ins including Ableton, Pro Tools, iZotope, Fabfilter and Steinberg.
Choose your schedule and learn at a pace to suit you
This 12 month part time or 6 month full time course can be taken during weekday mornings, afternoons or evenings and even on Saturdays. It can also be fast tracked if studied on an intensive accelerated learning basis.
Course overview and what you will learn
Connections, acoustics, midi and using Logic Pro
- Signal flow, equipment set up and integration
- Principles of sound
- Core fundamentals of music production
- Understanding DAW functionality and tools
- Audio editing and manipulation
- Creative sampling techniques
- Drum programming and editing
- Song analysis and listening skills
Composition, songwriting and production techniques
- Composition and remix techniques
- Creating melodies and basslines
- Song arrangement and structure
- Time signatures, tempo changes and variations
- Creative use of software instruments
- Advanced sound design techniques
- Additive, subtractive and granular synthesis
- Using hardware synthersisers and controllers
Sound engineering techniques
- Introduction to mic techniques
- Microphone pre amps and microphone types
- Using digital and analogue mixing desks
- Understanding signal routing and monitoring
- Recording drum kits and instruments
- Stereo mic recording techniques
- Recording guitars and cabinets
- Vocal recording techniques
Sound engineering techniques part 2
- Recording brass and string instruments
- Advanced guitar recording and reamping
- Recording acoustic instruments
- Advanced drum recording techniques
- Understanding signal routing and channel strips
- Advanced use of equalisers and filters
- Creative use of effect processors
- Using series and parallel compression
Mixing and mastering techniques part one
- Mix preparation, workflow and listening skills
- Balancing, stereo imaging and placement
- Vocal pitch correction
- Understanding the art of bus compression
- Gates, de-essers and expanders
- Mastering formats and standards
- Introducing colour and air to final masters
- Mastering techniques with Pro Tools
Music for new media and music business
- Media formats for TV, film and new media
- Sound design for effects and foley
- Creating soundtracks for film
- Music production for media products
- Audio visual project construction
- Studio design and acoustics
- Career opportunities within the music industry
- Final project submittals
Book your place on the Music Technology and Production diploma
* Please note; paying by installments incurs an admin fee of £198 which is spread across 6 payments.
Music Production courses
I choose the music production beginners course because I wanted to work one on one with a producer working in the industry. The tips and tricks learnt from my tutor was invaluable to improving the way I worked. Having completed the course I decided to pivot in to the performance aspect by studying the DJ diploma with an emphasis on using Ableton and Push controller.
I did the course because I’m an artist and wanted to understand how to create a song from start to finish. I’d recommend London AMP because, for me the use of the studios at any time was helpful for my own projects and progressing with the course. I also think it’s very good for those that want to go into the business as it’s very practical and you come into contact with a lot of other musicians, producers and engineers to collaborate with in the future.
I started a music tech course at another college but left early to join London AMP. I learnt more in a few weeks here than I did in 3 months at my previous college so it was a great decision. The entire course was perfect for what I was looking to learn especially the sound design, synthesis, mixing and mastering topics. Would highly recommend and a big thanks to my tutor Jay for all his help!