Learn to write and produce your favourite style of music
This innovative unique EDEXCEL approved Music Production diploma is designed for people wishing to embark on a career in music production. No previous experience of music production, recording studios or the use of music production software is necessary to study this course.
You will learn the essential production techniques needed to produce in your favourite genre and former students have gained employment in recording studios, production companies and releasing their own material.
“get ‘real world’ experience of the music production environment”
One to One learning environment
You have the option of taking the course on a one to one basis in person at our purpose-built recording and production studios or remotely online using the latest remote access software. You can also combine both options and switch between the two at anytime. This is a practical ‘hands on’ course where you will be exposed to the very latest music production techniques during your course. This EDEXCEL approved Music Production Diploma is perfect for those looking to study outside of a classroom based environment at home or at our central London facility.
Learn the latest production techniques taught by professional producers
During the course you will be exposed to the ‘real world’ experiences of a recording and production environment where you will record, produce and remix artists on course projects and assignments. The business side of music is an option at the end of the course where you will learn about royalties, copyright and publishing.
Choose your preferred music production software and tailor the content
You have the option of choosing your preferred music production package to work with for the duration of the course and can be Apple Logic, Cubase, Ableton Live or Pro Tools. For more experienced students you have the option of tailoring the course content to suit your skill set that would to include more advanced subjects.
Receive up to 50% student discount on software
Our music production diploma students can receive discounts on most software packages and plug ins including Ableton, Pro Tools, iZotope, Fabfilter and Steinberg.
Choose your schedule and learn at a pace to suit you
This 6 month part time or 3 month full time course can be taken during weekday mornings, afternoons or evenings and even on Saturdays. It can also be fast tracked to 8 weeks if studied on an intensive accelerated learning basis. All aspects of music production, songwriting, mixing/mastering and the fundamentals of sound engineering are covered including the following topics:
- Introduction to production and recording studios
- Music Production techniques
- Sound design and synthesis
- Recording and vocal production techniques
- Remixing techniques
- Software and hardware mixing
- Mastering techniques
- Music business basics and industry roles
Connections, signal flow and integration
- Signal flow, equipment set up and integration
- Principles of sound
- Understanding DAW functions and tools
- Audio editing and manipulation
- Creating software instruments
- Sampling techniques
- Song analysis
- Listening skills and techniques
- Drum programming and editing
- Midi programming and editing
- Layering techniques
- Sound manipulation
Songwriting and arrangement
- Composition and remix techniques
- Songwriting techniques
- Song arrangement and structure
- Sound design and synthesis
- Using hardware synthersisers
- Utilising hardware controllers
Recording and mixing techniques
- Microphone techniques and placement
- Recording vocals and acoustic instruments
- Balancing, stereo imaging and placement
- Correct use of reverb
- Delay and modulation techniques
- Vocal pitch correction
- Utilising filters and parametric equalisers
- Understanding the art of compression
- Using parallel compression
- Using gates, expanders and limiters
- Creative use of side chain functions
- Final mix prep and using summing mixers
Mastering techniques, Ableton and music business
- Limiters, maximizers and multiband compression techniques
- Introducing colour and air to final masters
- Composition and remixing with Ableton
- Performance and controller possibilities with Ableton
- The principles of music business
- Roles found within the music industry
Book your place on the Music Production diploma
Please note; paying by instalments incurs an admin fee of £99.
Music Production courses
I did the course because I’m an artist and wanted to understand how to create a song from start to finish. I’d recommend London AMP because, for me the use of the studios at any time was helpful for my own projects and progressing with the course. I also think it’s very good for those that want to go into the business as it’s very practical and you come into contact with a lot of other musicians, producers and engineers to collaborate with in the future.
I started a music tech course at another college but left early to join London AMP. I learnt more in a few weeks here than I did in 3 months at my previous college so it was a great decision. The entire course was perfect for what I was looking to learn especially the sound design, synthesis, mixing and mastering topics. Would highly recommend and a big thanks to my tutor Jay for all his help!
I had a limited knowledge of music production technology and wanted to fast track my learning. The course content was tailored to suit the type of music that interested me and my tutors were really patient and understanding. I think the course offers great value for money and would highly recommend.