Learn to write and produce your favourite style of music
This innovative and unique EDEXCEL approved industry specific Music Production Diploma is a comprehensive programme designed to equip aspiring music producers with the skills, knowledge, and practical experience required to excel in the dynamic and ever-evolving field of music production. Throughout the course, students will delve deep into the technical and creative aspects of music production, gaining a well-rounded understanding of the music production process and its various components.
You will learn the essential music production techniques needed to produce in your favourite genre and former students have gained employment in recording studios, music production companies and releasing their own material.
“GET ‘REAL WORLD’ EXPERIENCE OF THE MUSIC PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT”
One to One learning environment
You have the option of taking the course on a one to one basis in person at our purpose-built recording and production studios or remotely online using the latest remote access software. You can also combine both options and switch between the two at anytime. This is a practical ‘hands on’ course where you will be exposed to the very latest music production techniques during your course. This EDEXCEL approved Music Production Diploma is perfect for those looking to study outside of a classroom based environment at home or at our central London facility.
Learn the latest production techniques taught by professional producers
During the course you will be exposed to the ‘real world’ experiences of a recording and production environment where you will record, produce and remix artists on course projects and assignments. The business side of music is an option at the end of the course where you will learn about royalties, copyright and publishing.
Choose your preferred music production software and tailor the content
You have the option of choosing your preferred music production package to work with for the duration of the course and can be Apple Logic, Cubase, Ableton Live or Pro Tools. For more experienced students you have the option of tailoring the course content to include more advanced subjects.
Receive up to 50% student discount on software
Our music production diploma students can receive discounts on most software packages and plug ins including Ableton, Pro Tools, iZotope, Fabfilter and Steinberg.
Choose your schedule and learn at a pace to suit you
This 6 month part time or 3 month full time course can be taken during weekday mornings, afternoons or evenings. It can also be fast tracked to 8 weeks if studied on an intensive accelerated learning basis. All aspects of music production, songwriting, mixing/mastering and the fundamentals of sound engineering are covered during course.
Course overview and what you will learn
DAW overview, signal flow and integration
- Signal flow, equipment set up and integration
- Core fundamentals of music production
- Understanding DAW functionality and tools
- Audio editing and manipulation
- Basics of MIDI programming
- Creative sampling techniques
Music Production techniques
- Music genres and production style overview
- Song analysis and listening skills techniques
- Understanding the components of a song’s structure
- Drum programming and editing
- Creating melodies, chords and basslines
- Layering and arranging techniques
Music production and arrangement
- Composition and remix techniques
- Creating verses, choruses and bridges
- Time signatures, tempo changes and variations
- Additive, subtractive and granular synthesis techniques
- Using hardware synthesisers
- Sound design techniques
Vocal production and recording techniques
- Microphone pre amps and microphone types
- Stereo mic recording techniques
- Vocal comping, tuning and harmonies
- Creative vocal processing and effects
- Analogue, digital and hybrid systems
- Reverb, delay and modulation techniques
- Utilising filters and parametric equalisers
- Vintage outboard processing vs plug ins
- Using series and parallel compression
- Gates, de-essers and expanders
- Creative use of side chain functions
- Final mix preparation and summing
Mixing, mastering techniques and acoustics
- Mastering formats and standards
- Limiters, maximizers and multiband compression
- Introducing colour and air to final masters
- Mix glue processing and bouncing mixes
- Home studio design and acoustics
- Final project submittals
Book your place on the Music Production diploma
*Please note; paying by instalments incurs an admin fee of £99.
Music Production courses
I choose the music production beginners course because I wanted to work one on one with a producer working in the industry. The tips and tricks learnt from my tutor was invaluable to improving the way I worked. Having completed the course I decided to pivot in to the performance aspect by studying the DJ diploma with an emphasis on using Ableton and Push controller.
I did the course because I’m an artist and wanted to understand how to create a song from start to finish. I’d recommend London AMP because, for me the use of the studios at any time was helpful for my own projects and progressing with the course. I also think it’s very good for those that want to go into the business as it’s very practical and you come into contact with a lot of other musicians, producers and engineers to collaborate with in the future.
I started a music tech course at another college but left early to join London AMP. I learnt more in a few weeks here than I did in 3 months at my previous college so it was a great decision. The entire course was perfect for what I was looking to learn especially the sound design, synthesis, mixing and mastering topics. Would highly recommend and a big thanks to my tutor Jay for all his help!