We will guide you through your journey into music production
This unique and practical hands-on EDEXCEL approved Music Production Beginners course is designed for anyone who wants to learn the basics of music production. Whether you’re a musician who wants to take your music to the next level or you’re just someone who’s always been curious about how music is made, this course will teach you the music production techniques to produce in your preferred music genre.
“in person at our facility or online!”
One to One learning environment
You have the option of taking the course on a one to one basis in person at our purpose-built recording and production studios or online using the latest remote access software. You can also combine both options and switch between the two at anytime.
Learn the latest music production techniques taught by professional producers
During the course you will be exposed to the ‘real world’ experiences of a production environment where you will record, produce and remix artists on course projects and assignments.
Choose your preferred music production software and tailor the content
You have the option of choosing your preferred music production package to work with for the duration of the course and can be Apple Logic, Cubase or Ableton Live. For more experienced students you have the option of tailoring the course content to suit your skill set.
Get help with home studio set up
This course is also particularly suitable for people who are thinking of purchasing a home studio set up for the first time, our helpful and patient tutors are able to offer informed and impartial advice that will help you choose the best hardware and software to suit your budget.
Choose your schedule and learn at a pace to suit you
This 2 month part time or 1 month full time course can be taken during weekday mornings, afternoons or evenings and even on Saturdays. It can also be fast tracked to as little as 2 weeks if studied on an intensive accelerated learning basis.
Learn key music production production skills
During this exciting 8 week, part-time course you will acquire all the key skills necessary to begin producing tracks in your preferred musical style.
Course overview and what you will learn
Music production software and connections
- Signal flow, equipment and connections
- Integrating audio interfaces and controllers
- Learning core DAW functionality techniques
- Understanding arrange windows and editors
- Utilising functions and tools
- Creative use of software instruments
Audio editing and manipulation
- Audio manipulation and editing techniques
- Time-stretching and tempo manipulation
- Creating unique sounds and effects
- Basics of MIDI programming
- Creative use of sampling techniques
- Quantisation and groove features
Music Production techniques
- Music genres and production style overview
- Song analysis and listening skills techniques
- Understanding the components of a song’s structure
- Drum programming and editing
- Creating melodies, chords and basslines
- Layering and arranging techniques
Mixing and mastering techniques
- Introduction to mixing and signal processing
- Build effective audio effect chains for enhancing tracks
- Using dynamic processors such as EQ and compressors
- Creative use of delay, reverb and modulation effects
- Creating balance and depth in your mixes
- Basic mastering techniques
Book your space on the Music Production beginners course
Music Production courses
I choose the music production beginners course because I wanted to work one on one with a producer working in the industry. The tips and tricks learnt from my tutor was invaluable to improving the way I worked. Having completed the course I decided to pivot in to the performance aspect by studying the DJ diploma with an emphasis on using Ableton and Push controller.
I did the course because I’m an artist and wanted to understand how to create a song from start to finish. I’d recommend London AMP because, for me the use of the studios at any time was helpful for my own projects and progressing with the course. I also think it’s very good for those that want to go into the business as it’s very practical and you come into contact with a lot of other musicians, producers and engineers to collaborate with in the future.
I started a music tech course at another college but left early to join London AMP. I learnt more in a few weeks here than I did in 3 months at my previous college so it was a great decision. The entire course was perfect for what I was looking to learn especially the sound design, synthesis, mixing and mastering topics. Would highly recommend and a big thanks to my tutor Jay for all his help!